There are any number of upfits for your work van body. If you have any doubt, simply speak to a company that does them for a living. They can keep you on the phone all day, suggesting various customizations for your van or truck. Regarding which outfits you pick, a lot depends on your business, your drivers, your budget, and more. Regardless of all that, however, there are some standard suggestions to consider for a basic upfit. We’re going to take a look at the reasons for some of them today, and discuss the possibility of cabinets, as well. Cabinets are something that almost every upfit involves, and they come in various styles, sizes, etc. Now let’s take a look at some of the reasons behind work van body upfits and what they focus on.
Popular Upfit Focuses for a Work Van Body
Here’s a list of some of the most popular upfit reasons or focuses for work van/trucks/trailers:
- Switching to smaller chassis while still maintaining service body functionality (helps keep your van under a certain poundage).
- LED lighting increase.
- Construction industry customization due to an increase in the industry.
- Telematics specifications growth.
- Driver ergonomics.
- Upfit equipment that is more lightweight (again, poundage).
- Enhancing productivity and safety.
Work Van Customization
Where commercial vans in North America are concerned, it wasn’t long ago that upfits were relatively limited and consisted of a lot of do-it-yourself work done by the owner of the van or truck. These days, numerous companies are in the business of customizing and upfitting trucks and vans for work purposes, camping, and more. Included in upfits today are roof heightening to increase payload capacities, tool racks, additional customized doors, workbenches, and more. Cabinets have become a huge offering by customization companies, and for good reason.
Using Cabinets As Upfits
Upfit cabinets are nearly as customizable as the vans themselves because they come in numerous options and can be combined as needed. If you’re considering storage cabinets as part of your van’s upfit, you’ve made a good choice. Here’s why:
- A more professional look – You’ll look more like a seasoned professional with a van that has a polished and organized appearance.
- Safety level improvement – To increase the safety of your work van, the manner in which your equipment is carried can be described as “safely secured”.
- Convenient storage – It will be a far less stressful experience, using your truck, when you add a level of convenience.
- Improve access – Compared to your current arrangement, tools can be more easily accessed.
- Van space maximization – Take the space you have available in your van and make the best possible use of it.
Having said that cabinets are one of the hottest upfit options around, because they are, here are some additionally popular upfit choices:
- Cargo partitions – Solid bulkhead dividers, while your van is in motion, can keep chemicals and other items safely away from the driver; to keep things from sliding, a mesh partition can work as well.
- Organization systems – This is covered pretty well by the above-suggested cabinets but can also include tool benches, bins, shelves, racks, and more.
- Ladder racks – These can be installed inside or outside of the van, depending on how much space you want to save on the interior.
Looking for someone to help upfit your work van? Look no further than the specialists at Mickey Genuine Parts. Give us a call or check out our website to see what’s currently available.