Whether you are building an entire fleet or simply want to invest in a singular company vehicle, used van bodies are something that you may want to check into. For an astonishingly high number of businesses, the best solution is a full-size cargo van. Used cargo van bodies offer residual value, comfort, space, reliability, and fuel efficiency, among other things.
Van Bodies Are Versatile
Different businesses have varying storage needs. A contractor may need to store equipment and tools, while a florist, on their way to a wedding, may need to transport floral arrangements. For either end of the spectrum, and everything in between, the best option could be a customized van body for its diversity and utilitarianism.
Why Buy a Used Van Body?
Let’s take a look at the top benefits where van bodies are concerned:
- Residual value – the resale value is high on van bodies.
- Refrigeration – your van can be one big refrigerator if need be.
- Comfort – you can be as comfortable as if you were in your SUV.
- Space – so much roomier than an SUV.
- Branding – turn your business into a moving billboard.
- Mobility – make your business completely mobile.
- Exterior customization – add bigger tires, different windows, roof racks, custom bumpers, etc.
- Interior customization – transform the inside into anything you want.
- Reliability – dependability is essential and can be increased by purchasing through a reputable dealer.
- Fuel economy – these days, you can’t stress economy enough.
Which Businesses Use Van Bodies?
Though any number of businesses can benefit from purchasing and utilizing van bodies, the following are some of the most popular in this day and age:
- Outdoor recreation – whether you’re transporting people or equipment (i.e. snowboards, skis, surfboards, kayaks, rental bikes, etc.), transportation is spacious and convenient with a used van body.
- Tour guides – depending on the van body, some cargo vans can fit 12 people inside. This is great for tour guides.
- Bands – whether you’re just traveling locally or cross country, your equipment and band members can travel in style, comfort, roominess, and safety.
- Groomers and mobile vets – customize your van body with technology, temperature control, tables, sinks, etc. Keep yourself, your clients, and your pets comfortable and safe.
- Locksmiths – have everything at your fingertips exactly when you need it when locks and parts are stored and organized correctly.
- Painters – brushes, paint cans, long ladders, and more can be stored and transported both inside and outside, depending on customization.
- Caterers – perfect for storing and moving serving equipment and food but with the convenience and comfort of a smooth ride.
- Doggy daycares – customize your interior as needed. Now you can conveniently travel to the client, rather than them coming to you.
- Contractors (electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc.) – lots of tools and equipment can be carried in a van body.
- Florists – provide a cool, safe environment for flowers.
Buying Used Versus New
This likely goes without saying, but the money that can be saved by buying used products is astonishing. Not everyone can afford to run out and buy brand-new trailers, trucks, etc. Especially if you’re just starting out, you may consider looking into purchasing a used van body, cargo trailer, beverage trailer, etc. Purchasing a used trailer from a reputable company is the best way to assure yourself of a reliable product that is in good repair.
At Mickey Genuine Parts, we carry a varying selection of used van bodies, beverage trailers, bulk trailers, etc. We’d love to help you save money on your trailer and be your go-to service for parts and repairs whenever needed. Contact us at Mickey Genuine Parts today to see how we can be of service to you whether you have a new trailer, a used trailer, or just have questions.